BeBop Around The World

Even though the trip has been called off, I'm leaving this site up to read for anybody interesting in refitting a boat or sailing in general.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

This is how the story starts.....


I guess you could say I'm just not a happy shiny person. Never have been and probably never will be. I just wanted my little slice of the pie. That didn't happen either. Some might say from lack of effort or being too nice a guy to sell you shit you don't really need. So I remain without alot of money but have a lot of practical skills thru having to fix stuff myself or just my very inquisitive nature. This lead me to how I discovered the true nature of things and what's happening in the world. No I didn't find religion or some such thing, but I'll be sure to speak on that subject at some point I imagine. I'm speaking mainly of resource depletion and how in my discovery it's allowed me to revise, then revive a 10 year old dream to buy a boat and sail it alone around the world.

Over the course of my blog, I'll first highlight the refit of my sailboat "BeBop" and the construction of my dinghy for her. Later the difficulies on living aboard a small boat and all the cool places I hope to visit. I'll follow this post up tomorrow with the story of BeBop and just what I had to sacrifice to get her. Until then here is a picture of her. She needs some work and will be "on the hard" until this summer for a refit, but she's one of the smallest sailboats ever made that can take you around the world in relative comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home