BeBop Around The World

Even though the trip has been called off, I'm leaving this site up to read for anybody interesting in refitting a boat or sailing in general.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

BeBop has been sold......

I know a good many people followed the auction I had on Ebay to sell BeBop. I just accepted a offline offer that I felt was very reasonable. After the 10% down payment was verified, I have ended the auction early. Working under the assumption that he is a honorable man, I will transfer the title to him in the near future after full payment has been made.

In the next week or two, assuming all goes as planned, my part of this story ends and with a bit of luck the new owner.....who wants to take her on a trans-pacific voyage....just might put up more entries and continue posting about BeBop here at this site. He seems to like the idea of continuing the story. I know you guys and gals would love to follow what happens with her even though the part I played in the story is comming to a close. Perhaps if you give him some words of encouragement, we can get him to continue writing about the voyages of BeBop.

Personally, I still feel like I just sold off a vital part of me. I spent a year of my life rebuilding her, but at least it seems at the moment she'll carry on without me, under the care of a new captain that has more sailing experience than I do. I will never forget her and all that has happened.

It might take until the beginning of the new year before more information is forthcoming about the new owner and what he wishes to do with BeBop, so have some patience, and we'll all see what happens next in the story. Another up date will follow.

Until next time...Fair Winds......

4 Comments:

Blogger Geert said...

Hey Jammer,

I think I know how you feel at the moment. A pity the story ends here for you. But anyway, you know what's best for you. I wish you all the best with all what you'll do now. And for sure, I'll keep on asking you all kinds of stuff if I'm at my wits end with TIE... ^v^!
Yesterday first small working day (3 hours). I prepared my 'work shop' in the warehouse TIE is lying now. I stored all my working material end other stuff. And the first thing I did was taking out the windows (I think you call it paints no ?). I'll tell you more about it via your gmail address ...!

As for now .... Sail ye !

6:38 AM  
Blogger Jammer said...

Hey Geert,

Aye it's a emotional mixed bag with selling her. I spent the past year letting all kinds of things go while I put 100% effort into refitting BeBop. Now I'm playing catch up, trying to climb back onto the horse to borrow a old phrase.

I'm glad to see you finally got TIE into the warehouse and started working on her. Just let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them if I can.

About the uh..."windows"..they are called ports. Paint is what you do to the hull lol. Paint, port, it's close enough...just don't paint over the ports right? ^_^

Jammer

7:39 PM  
Blogger Geert said...

Scuse me !!
Hahahahaha !!!
So .... the old PORTS are taken out ...!

Sail ye !!

Geert

2:41 AM  
Blogger Don said...

Fantastic story. Too bad you decided you had to sell BeBop. I'm sure the new owner has a wonderful boat.

I owned a 20' Vivacity twin keel sailboat in about 1980-82 - you were probably in grade school. Nice little boat though; quite stiff & fun to sail. MUCH smaller that BeBop of course and older, probably built in the 60's though she was fiberglass.

Good luck to you! Hope things are working out.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home