BeBop Around The World

Even though the trip has been called off, I'm leaving this site up to read for anybody interesting in refitting a boat or sailing in general.

Monday, July 03, 2006

100 Things About Me......

NOTICE: Due to somebody possibly messing around with my email account, I've greatly increased my security and changed my email address as well. I got way to lax about my account. If you get any thing else from the.jammer@gmail.com please disregard it. My new email address is sailboat.bebop the @ sign gmail.com Thank you all for your understanding.

This weeks post is going to be a bit different. Normally I have access to a 5mp digital camera to take pictures of what I'm working on. Unfortunately, Rich loaned his camera out to a friend who's currently taking a trip Europe. It's not a big deal and next weekend I'll post pictures when I have the camera again.

Just to give you a heads up, I fabricated the new washboards after talking about it for 6 months and they came out real nice. In addition to pictures of that, I should have my first sewing project completed. (Interior curtains) Until then, here is the near mandatory 100 things about me post that seems to be in vogue recently. I always talk more about BeBop than myself and this might give some insight into me, the guy behind the BeBop project.

001. I'm a Nihilist.
002. I have a INTJ personality type. You can take the test here if you want to know yours.
003. I'm a recovering consumerist.
004. I'm legally blind in both eyes without my glasses on, with them I can see fine.
005. I'm left handed.
006. I refuse to visit any country that wants you to eat with only your right hand.
007. My astrology sign is Taurus and yes I am.
008. My Chinese zodiac sign is the Ox. (Which makes me extra stubborn)
009. I love music, Jazz is my favorite, but when I'm upset or stressed, I listen to Heavy Metal or Industrial.
010. I used to play bass in a Rock & Blues band.
011. I also used to play the trumpet too, but I was a far better bass player.
012. My favorite movie is a toss up between Bladerunner, The Matrix or Fight Club.
013. I think the Matrix is closer to reality than you might suspect. (multiple systems of control)
014. I'm addicted to coffee.
015. I'm a perfectionist.
016. I think Knob Creek is the best Bourbon Whiskey money can buy and I can't afford to drink it.
017. I've been to every state in the country except Montana and Maine when I was a truck driver.
018. I quit smoking 3 1/2 years ago without any help, just will power.
019. I'm single, never been married and I don't have any kids. (nor do I want them)
020. I'm at least 25% American Indian but you can't tell it to look at me.
021. I don't use bar soap preferring shampoo because it doesn't leave soap scum.
022. I shave with a double sided safety razor instead of the newest xyz wonder blade.
023. I would rather read a good book than watch television.
024. I spend a good deal of time studying the "big picture."
025. My favorite trumpet player is Miles Davis.
026. I've always been a serious person, even as a little kid.
027. I was a aero-medical evacuation technician in the Air Force Reserve.
028. My basic training instructor told me I am the only person he ever graduated as an individual.
029. I have titanium pins in both my wrists from a motorcycle accident 4 years ago. They hurt everyday.
030. I hate a structured learning environment, just give me a book or manual and I'll figure it out on my own.
031. I think public education teaches you what to think not how to think.
032. I think people should worry more about getting into car accidents than terrorist attacks.
033. I was born in Virginia but spent most my life in Florida.
034. I love role-playing games. Either the pen and paper kind or on a computer.
035. I'm really into tattoos and have been since I was a little kid. (link not for the faint of heart!)
036. I never felt old(er) until my last motorcycle accident.
037. I want Magneto to win over the X-men in the comic book series.
038. If I could go back in time and meet one famous person it would be Nikola Tesla.
039. I would like to write a book one day about my sailing adventures.
040. What humanity is doing to trash the planet makes me really sad.
041. I've been eating a low carb diet for 2 years and I lost 65 pounds.
042. I still really miss M&M's.
043. I never go to a doctor if I can avoid it.
044. I enjoy watching Japanese Anime.
045. I like to collect skills like other people collect coins or stamps.
046. My favorite beer is Corona with a lime.
047. I believe respect is earned not just handed out because somebody says so.
048. If I could have any one super power, it would be the ability to go forward and backward in time at will.
049. I'm allergic to cold weather.
050. I don't like cooked fish very much. I prefer sushi or sashimi.
051. I don't enjoy cooking, but I'm not that bad at it.
052. My friend Rich is more like a brother to me than my real one.
053. I like to make contingency plans for things that might happen. I sleep better at night.
054. I don't enjoy small talk, I think it's a waste of time.
055. I don't understand what people get out of dancing.
056. I hate living to work instead of working to live.
057. I think civilization is a man made hell on earth.
058. I'm not a very charismatic person compared to most of my friends.
059. My favorite kind of pen is a Pilot G-2.
060. I have a pet rat named Frick, who loves yogurt drops.
061. If I could be any Anime character I'd choose to be Batou from Ghost in the Shell.
062. I think Asian women are the prettiest in the world.
063. I like eccentric sunglasses, my current pair is Prescription Oakley Mars.
064. I dislike lazy, ignorant, and stupid people.
065. I have no life plan other than to go sailing.
066. Most of the time I prefer it that way strange enough.
067. I am pretty cynical and suspicious by nature.
068. Despite my feelings regarding consumerism, I still love computers.
069. I used to own a company that made custom computer cases. The dot com bust and 9/11 changed everything and I went out of business.
070. My favorite author is William Gibson.
071. I get bored with corporation slave jobs very quickly.
072. I like to always have a major project to work on. It keeps me from getting depressed.
073. I don't like dogs
074. I have a huge music collection. It's so large I have CD's I'll probably never listen to.
075. I think Orwell's 1984 is coming true. You can read it for free here.
076. I think Peak Oil is going to cause lots of grief for humanity in the very near future.
077. I really wish I could speak another language besides computer and English.
078. As much as I love sailing and swimming, I don't like fishing or going to the beach.
079. I'm allergic to children but for some reason they see to like me.
080. I wish cute asian women liked me as much as children do.
081. I've never had any kind of transcendent or religious experience. (thank god)
082. I have little sense of nationalism...I'm a earthling like everybody else.
083. My ideal outdoor temperature is about 70 degrees with varying wind depending on what I'm doing.
084. I love tilley hats.
085. I prefer to wear baggy cargo shorts and tank tops most of the time because it's very comfortable.
086. I'm not into cars anymore, but if I could have any one that I wanted, I would choose to have a original Mini Cooper.
087. I'm currently playing Eldar Scrolls IV Oblivion when I have time, it's the best game I've played in about 5 years.
088. I use to dye my hair. It's been blond, green, purple, red and blue. I'm back to my normal brown now.
089. I miss talking to my Uncle Jeff who committed suicide about 5 years ago.
090. I don't remember much about my childhood other than I didn't enjoy it much.
091. If I could have any sailboat in the world it would be a toss up between a Dana 24 and a Nor'Sea 27. Maybe one day, a man can dream.
092. When I was in high school I painted miniatures on commission to make money.
093. I created my blog in a attempt to make friends around the world while I'm sailing.
094. My favorite industrial band is KMFDM.
095. I've never gotten seasick on a small boat.
096. I don't wear jewelry besides a watch and (some would say crazy) ear piercings.
097. I carry a pocket tool kit at all times. You never know right?
098. My favorite jazz pianist is Brad Mehldau.
099. I'm a loner save a few close friends.
100. I take loyalty and trust very seriously.

Wow, that was harder than I thought it was going to be. Here's hoping you all enjoy it and the links I provided. Don't forget next week I'll have up all the pictures of what I finished this weekend. Until next time....Fair Winds....

Jammer.....

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again, Jammer. Hawkeye here, and I'll tell you the origin of my use of the name in an email. Been meaning to, but been so busy on my own boat, plus my father passed away recently, and I've been too busy.

Anyway, having a good time with your list of a hundred things here. Sometime when we meet I promise you we'll have some fun with this, like for instance, in item (81? was it), did you thank God for not believing in God? How do you do that? LOL

9:36 AM  
Blogger Jammer said...

Hey Hawkeye,

looking forward to hearing about your name, your just down south of me if I recall right, but I understand about your loss, take your time. As for being busy...yeah, me too.

81. was meant to be fun, (but the truth) glad you like the joke lol...there are many interesting things in that list. Just let me know when you want to meet. I'm sure with a quick wit you'll have plenty of fun at my expense. But if you can't laugh at yourself.....right? heh.

Don't forget about the email addy change. sailboat.bebop the @ sign gmail.com Take it easy.

Jammer

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your crusing plans. You should be fine with your $250/month budget (from the L&A board). I did the Bahamas for about that (well, a little more, but that was on a 35' boat). I'm now on a Pearson Ariel, and that's about my budget for my next cruise.

Good Luck,
Adam

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jammer said...

Thanks for dropping in Adam and it's nice to hear from somebody who's actually been out there on a low budget. It gives me the confidence to carry on.

Nice boat btw..(The Ariel)It's a design that was on my list if I couldn't get a Nomad. Certainly faster than my boat in all points of sail. But it's a trade off like anything involving boats, I can sit flat on a sandbar during low tide and paint the bottom if I need to lol. ^_^ It's all good, a Pearson is a boat to be proud of. I'd love to have a Triton one day.

Jammer

9:15 PM  
Blogger Pumpkin Pie said...

Wow. I didn't count, but I'd say at least 75 of those would be on my list. I started reading your blog when I was looking for information on boat interiors. What a strange thing. Maybe we'll cross wakes someday.

Pumpkin

http://thepumpkinpie.blogspot.com

12:02 PM  
Blogger Jammer said...

Pumpkin...I must say your belief structure appears to be real close to mine. Very few people I meet think in this (our?) fashion.

I checked out your blog and I dig your writing, I agree with it. Heh, it's almost like I could of wrote it myself..but I think your style is a bit more polished than mine.

See ya on the water perhaps.

Jammer

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey whats up? its caroline from west marine. guess what i did today- i leared 100 things about you. haha.
and i gave you the wrong web site for my boat becuase i am stupid and always confuse the website and email address. what can you do. but the real website is: seahawkfiji.com
We converted our boat- seahawk into a charter bussiness when we got to fiji, never left and needed money.
so i like your boat- BeBop - i never really got into cowbow bebop myself (i am guessing as an anime fan that is where u got the name from)- but i enjoy a good anime flick- love the animation style. looking at your pics of before and after you have done alot of work on that baby- job well done i do have to say.
im sure ill be seeing you in the store,
caroline

5:21 PM  
Blogger Jammer said...

Awww..don't call yourself stupid. Anybody who could sail to Fiji in a small boat has my respect.

As for the name, I took the spelling of it from the show, (using the two capital B's) but otherwise it was not planned in such a way. Right after I bought her, Rich and I were taking her back to Florida. We were talking about her looking sorta plucky that let to me saying she could be a bebopper somehow. (strange I know, but I was very tired.) Not a big leap of logic from there to see how I came up with BeBop. It totally wasn't planned or a name on my list to consider. (she didn't have one when I bought her.)

All in all it's a combination of things, taken from the anime show, my love of music, the musical form of bebop, her plucky looks, (bebopper)a small boat equals a smaller name and the fact I am a musician. At least that's the shorter story behind it. ^_^ hehe see ya next weekend Caroline, sure I'll need to pickup something.

Jammer

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home