BeBop Around The World

Even though the trip has been called off, I'm leaving this site up to read for anybody interesting in refitting a boat or sailing in general.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Interlude....

Things didn't go quite the way I wanted them too this weekend.

Saturday was too cold to paint, so I just worked on my yacht tender some more. She has about another seven or eight full days of work before she's ready for primer.

Sunday the weather was perfect for painting. I did put the first coat of paint on the sides after sanding the primer. It came out horrible imo. I've been painting stuff here and there for money going on about 17 years now and this is nearly the worst job I've ever done. Richard, who runs on a totally different set of standards, doesn't think so. Now we are going to sand and paint her once more so this isn't the final coat. But it's my boat, I have to live on her and I think she looks really bad right now. I've come up with a different way to tackle the painting issue for the final coat and hopefully it will turn out better.

I hate being a perfectionist. I think it's perhaps my biggest personality flaw, but I cannot change who I am. I want BeBop to look good enough for the cover of Good Old Boat when I'm finished. Is it possible to do this with a 38 year old boat, no real money, and only the help of one trusted friend? Do I ask to much in too little time? I would really like to know.

I'm really tired and I don't want to share anymore right now. Maybe I'll write something more motivational (and longer) later in the week once the disappointment of this horrible paint job wears off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home