BeBop Around The World

Even though the trip has been called off, I'm leaving this site up to read for anybody interesting in refitting a boat or sailing in general.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Here Comes Tropical Storm Alberto (Updated 6/12)

06/12/06 11:45am EST

It looks like she is going to pass well north of the Tampa Bay area now and we will just get lots of rain and a little wind perhaps. Unless she turns due east this will be the last update about the storm. I'll be back to a regular update next weekend with pictures of what I've been working on.

Jammer

Well how bout this eh? 9 days into the hurricane season and we have a storm that's forecasted to pass within 50 miles of where I live.

A Tropical Storm of this level should pose no danger to BeBop while on the hard, but I just thought I'd put up a quick post saying as much for the readers who have never experienced such a thing. (Bebop has survived a hurricane while in Georgia before I bought her.) Here is the forecasted track and I put a arrow indicating where I am in Florida. (Saint Petersburg if you want to pull it up on a map.) We are under a flood watch atm according to the NOAA and it's expected to be upgraded to a Tropical Storm Watch this afternoon.


I'm not worried about destruction or anything, but I really would of liked to have the new washboards made to keep water out better. That's the only place it could leak in if the wind is coming from the right direction. Anyway that's it for now, need to get back to work on BeBop. I'll update this post as required and next weekend I'll have more pictures of what I'm working on now. Until next time......Fair Winds (T.S. Alberto Go Away!!) ^_^

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you and BeBop! Tie down and hang on.

-Rayce

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jammer said...

Thanks for thinking of me Rayce. ^_^ All is well...wet...but well lol. No damage to speak of. Looks like the worst thing I'll have to do so far is reapply teak oil to the rub rails. I should be able to do a full inspection as early as tomorrow evening.

Jammer

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home